Sign in or
Top 7 Tips for Healthy Gay Living
Hi Guys,am here once again. As i love to live a healthy life,i thought it wise that since there is a website for gays in Ghana,it will be a good idea to share something about living a healthy gay life for your own benifits. Many gays in Ghana care less about healthy living and i hope my small advice will help. First of all,healthy living doesn't have to be synonymous with sacrifice. By making a few minor adjustments, you can add more health boosting benefits to your life and still keep the fun. Live a healthier gay life with these top tips.
1. Get CheckedWhen was your last HIV test? How about checks of syphilis or hepatitis vaccinations? Not knowing your HIV status only prolongs the inevitable. You also put yourself and others at risk. Make quarterly doctor appointments and discuss your health corncerns.
2. Join a GymForget the obsession with a six-pack, improve your health (and sexual stamina) by doing a 30-minute cardio workout a couple of times a week.
3. Curb Your DrinkingThere's no need to start your own prohibition campaign, but spirits and mixers can put on the weight. Replace regular cola mixers with diet or drink low calorie beers.
4. Keep the Kick, Lose the FatTry a sugar-free syrup in your latte or low-fat milk instead of heavy cream. Want a healthier alternative to coffee? Try an organic green tea that can boast 100 antioxidant catechins and 22 milligrams (mg) of caffeine to keep you going.
5. Try a Little YogaYoga is the latest craze and for good reason. Hot,nude or beachside, Yoga awakes those muscles you didn't even know you had and improves flexibility and performance.
6. Drop the CigarettesI'm not asking you to hang up your dresses. We need to put out the cigarettes! to prevent the risk of cancer
7. Practice Safer Sex
I'd love to say that safer sex was standard routine for most, but the rise in HIV rates (along with other STD's) proves otherwise. It's hard to resist the urge of bareback sex in the heat of the moment..lol. Make practicing safer sex easier by keeping condoms on you and near your intimate environments. Make tangible commitments that you won't have unprotected sex.
Hope this helps.......it helped me and am living a healthy gay life.....ENJOY ALL!!
Latest page update: made by andy.shilongo
, Jul 6 2009, 6:16 AM EDT
(about this update
About This Update
Moved from: Gay Ghana Online Community Home
No content added or deleted.
- complete history)
Keyword tags: gay healthy living safe
More Info: links to this page
|Started By||Thread Subject||Replies||Last Post|
|andy.shilongo||Eat more veggies||1||May 4 2009, 3:55 PM EDT by hitman61|
Thread started: May 2 2009, 11:41 AM EDT Watch
I noticed people in Ghana eat mostly carbohydrates and soup/meat. Eating more veggies and fruits would be a good idea too. The light stuff is too expensive for the average joe. I think however that except for the small elite group which is overweight, the habit of the Ghanaian middle class of dinking Vitamine rich Malts is more beneficial than going slow on the carbs. Coke and Fanta needs to be avoided though.
|blackofe||drink more water||0||May 4 2009, 1:04 AM EDT by blackofe|
Thread started: May 4 2009, 1:04 AM EDT Watch
one thing i forgot is drinking 8glass of water everyday help the body too. the average joe in Ghana cant afford many things yes,vegetables are great and in Ghana the starchy foods are too much. taking multi vitamins also will help boost your health.
Showing 2 of 2 threads for this page